At WISI, we have spent almost 100 years focused on implementing the most innovative and reliable technology solutions.
We are looking for a Systems Manager to work with users of our award-winning carrier grade IP video products. Our customers deliver IPTV, cable and multi-screen television services.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and have some awesome perks in our beautiful office space. The company is located in Pitt Meadows, BC a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
We have been certified as a Great Place to work after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work Institute Canada.
About the role:
This is an internal role focused on bringing together all our information services to provide a clear vision for the future of all business systems.
Working closely with all departments in the company, the Systems Manager must provide leadership on consolidating systems both locally and abroad in other offices. We are always seeking to unify our communications systems and tools to more efficiently provide service, support, and production. We have international offices that require co-ordination and planning that must come from this role.
This systems consolidation includes ERP and this role must have familiarity with ERP, project management, and enterprise systems planning. It is necessary that the Systems Manager is a leader in driving these initiatives forward.
Infrastructure systems are under the purview of the Systems Manager and include but are not limited to: virtual machines both Linux and Windows, VPN, Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Google GSuite, a variety of helpdesk, ticketing, and support tracking systems, project management systems, expense management systems, SaaS systems, internally developed production management software, and an Enterprise Resource Planning system. Providing hands-on front-line support as well, this person must have strong root cause analysis skills to work through a variety of interesting technical issues.
The Systems Manager is responsible for setting policies and procedures for onboarding/offboarding, budgeting, planning, and vendor/supplier management. He/she will be accountable for scaling our systems with our needs as we grow.
This role will own the infrastructure by working collaboratively with stakeholders, determining needs, and helping to enable growth cross-functionally. The Systems Manager must be interested not just in delivering technical products/solutions, but in understanding the needs behind those systems and proactively identifying problems that need solving.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Communicate solutions to various stakeholders in different roles to build buy-in and manage change.
- Enjoy working with smart people and state of the art technology. Enjoy constantly learning and updating your skills by diving deep into problems you’ve never seen before.
- Are effective and personable. You can solve technical problems while charming people, uncover unmet needs and technical requirements, and carefully document it all in the form of best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Enjoy finding and solving problems that others can’t see or articulate before they know they are issues. Delivering solutions to those problems that are built to last and forward-looking.
- Can stay three steps ahead of technology needs and build plans and justifications for adopting those changes in advance of upcoming growth.
- Understand the inter-relational dependencies of various software and hardware projects to identify the conflicts before they become problems.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. You want to get your point across clearly, efficiently and respectfully. You adapt your communication style to your audience and are comfortable communicating with people whose first language is not English. You use complete sentences.
- You capitalize, punctuate and enunciate. Sometimes you alliterate. You check your work.
- ERP and/or database management experience
- Demonstratable cross-functional project experience – experience in delivering technology projects that address business needs
- Comfort working at all levels of technical needs and getting hands-on – from wiring a multimedia PC in a boardroom to talking about the infrastructure changes needed for an ERP project
- In-depth networking experience and knowledge – TCP/IP, L2/L3 switching and routing, VPNs
- SaaS – Google Gsuite, Microsoft Office 365, or equivalent.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VoIP technologies – deployment, management, and migration
- Virtualization – Microsoft Hyper-V
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- PMP – Project Management Professional
- Migration experience in Azure, Gsuite, or AWS
- Agile environment experience
- Vendor and supplier management experience
What’s in it for you:
- A chance to work on cutting edge technology, with global customers, in a hot industry.
- Many opportunities for career development with a growing team and company.
- Competitive salary and excellent medical benefits
- Fun and supportive teammates
Interested in Joining the Team?
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Inca:
WISI America is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience.
Perks of the Job
The work each person does is important. As such, we pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries to all our employees.
Health & Dental
Staying healthy is an important part of life. We offer generous extended benefits so that you can make sure to keep in tip-top shape.
Friends and family are important. At Inca, we’ve created a culture with a flexible work/life balance to best accommodate everybody’s busy schedules.
We are firm believers in taking time to recharge. Vacation is an important part of work/life balance and we encourage all our employees to take all their “me time.”
The team at WISI is committed to developing and nurturing a great workplace culture. We make sure to take the time to set work aside and participate in fun team building events.
Close to Home
Our office is situated riverside in Pitt Meadows. Whether you’re coming from a local neighboring suburb or traveling against traffic from Vancouver, it’s sure to make your work commute a lot more relaxing!
Get in the Know
Stay up to date with new product releases, tips & tricks, firmware updates and company news.