At WISI, we have spent almost 100 years focused on implementing the most innovative and reliable technology solutions.
We are looking for a full-time Technical Support and Applications Engineer to work with users of our award-winning carrier-grade IP video products. Our customers deliver IPTV, cable and multi-screen television services.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and have some awesome perks in our beautiful office space. The company is located in Pitt Meadows, BC a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
We have been certified as a Great Place to work after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work Institute Canada.
About the role
This is a business-to-business, engineer-to-engineer support role for someone with strong logical troubleshooting skills who enjoys working on a variety of interesting technical issues. Provide front-line telephone and e-mail technical and applications support to video headend engineers located at customer sites in North America and over 30 countries around the world. Work closely with customers to answer questions and resolve issues; or escalate to senior engineers by collecting and providing the detailed information needed to understand the issue. Recreating issues in a reproducible manner and documenting them, as well as walking clients through implementing solutions, will be a key part of the role.
Use our online ticket system to prioritize issues as they are reported by customers and manage a personal queue of issues, ensuring that all move to a successful conclusion and customers and internal stakeholders are kept up to date and informed. You will own issues from identification through successful resolution, which can often take multiple days. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Join our sales team on phone calls with customers to help understand needs, answer technical questions and discover opportunities for new features and products. Create solution proposals, using block diagrams to illustrate signal flow.
Communicate experiences gained working with customers to the product management and product development teams to define and test product improvements.
Collaborate with our teams in sales, production and engineering to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Our support team provides technical and sales support from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the Pacific time zone. Coordination with other members of the support team to provide coverage during this period will be required.
- Enjoy working with smart people and state of the art technology.
- Are effective and personable on the phone. You can solve technical problems while charming customers, uncover unmet needs and technical requirements, and carefully document it all for our team.
- Are highly detail oriented and enjoy using the scientific method to troubleshoot problems. Understand the problem, break it down, develop hypotheses, test, rinse, repeat, solve the problem, escalate if you need to.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. You want to get your point across clearly, efficiently and respectfully. You adapt your communication style to your audience and are comfortable communicating with people whose first language is not English. You use complete sentences.
- You capitalize, punctuate and enunciate. Sometimes you alliterate. You check your work.
Are self-disciplined and are comfortable working independently. You are a team player, flexible and prepared to do what it takes to meet customer needs.
- Have a technical degree or diploma from BCIT or other technical school, or equivalent experience, and have worked in a technical support role for 2-5 years. You have worked with technologies like IP video, Cable TV, CMTS, cable modem, DSLAM, DSL or FTTH. You may have worked for Telus, Shaw, Eastlink or a similar independent cable, telco or ISP firm.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of computer network environment TCP/IP networking, L2/L3 switching and routing, IGMP, UDP Multicast, Linux CLI, Debian, bash shell scripting, and more.
- Are proficient using Windows 10 Desktop and are familiar with MS Office.
- Have knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and H.264 Codecs, Video Transcoding and Encoding, MPEG-2 Transport Stream, Video streaming, ABR, HLS, MPEG-DASH, HFC Cable Plants, RF and Optical Networks.
- May be proficient in a language other than English, especially Spanish, German, French or Russian.
- May have experience with international travel and cultures. While the job involves only modest travel, we support clients in more than 30 countries worldwide so cultural sensitivity is important.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Inca:
WISI America is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience.
Perks of the Job
The work each person does is important. As such, we pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries to all our employees.
Health & Dental
Staying healthy is an important part of life. We offer generous extended benefits so that you can make sure to keep in tip-top shape.
Friends and family are important. At Inca, we’ve created a culture with a flexible work/life balance to best accommodate everybody’s busy schedules.
We are firm believers in taking time to recharge. Vacation is an important part of work/life balance and we encourage all our employees to take all their “me time.”
The team at WISI is committed to developing and nurturing a great workplace culture. We make sure to take the time to set work aside and participate in fun team building events.
Close to Home
Our office is situated riverside in Pitt Meadows. Whether you’re coming from a local neighboring suburb or traveling against traffic from Vancouver, it’s sure to make your work commute a lot more relaxing!